NTs Bar, 207, 1 Westgate St, London Fields, E8 3RL
So happy that I had the opportunity to go along to this Berlin Brünch pop up at NTs in Netil House.
Run by Noemi, a Berliner living in London, this is a uniquely special occasion that serves delicious food in beautiful surroundings.
The menu comprises of locally sourced cheeses, meats and smoked fish, fresh fruit, home-made Granola with quark, gorgeous artisan sourdoughs, home-made jams, Nutella, typical German desserts & cakes, finest coffee and hard-to-come-by Berlin drinks and cocktails.
The Granola was superb and I seriously want the recipe! The quark was so delicious and makes me wonder why oh why I don’t eat this all the time. Gloriously nutty and creamy and totally handmade. Divine.
The central platter of amazingness was beautiful to look at and I couldn’t stop taking photos. I did manage to put down my camera and pick up a fork and tuck in though.
All sourced either locally or imported straight from Berlin, the produce was the star of the show!
- We were treated to unlimited amazing organic Wholemeal Miche and Hackney Wild Sourdough from E5 Bakehouse coupled with almond butter and home made jams.
- Bottomless Coffee, full of flavour from The Barn Berlin.
- Tasty peppery German salami, smoked emmental, Somerset Brie and kassler (pork loin) courtesy of Rippon Cheese and small polish deli.
- Beautiful golden orange yolk in the Eggs from Clarence court eggs.
- Delicious Mackerel for the pate from Jonathan Norris fishmongers .
I made sure that I left room for the buckwheat waffles….which I am glad about. Due to the amount of cheese and meat I had consumed, I did have to squeeze them in, but any level of food coma was totally worth it!
The surroundings were stunning and the perfect sun outside streaming through the big windows, forming moody shadows, made it even more idyllic.
Catch this at any opportunity, it will make you very happy indeed.
Auf wiedersehen for now, chums