After a request for places to eat near Piccadilly and Leicester Square, I thought it would be useful to write up a little post with my thoughts .
1) The Chop Shop, 66 Haymarket,London, SW1Y, UK
Meat heavy menu, American fayre in a modern and vibrant setting.
Pre theatre menu -£19 for 2 courses, £22 for 3 courses
Full menu available on website
(Photo courtesy of the chop shop)
2) Flat iron, 17 Beak St, Soho, W1F 9RW
Small menu, top notch steak at a good price- but no reservations!
3) Brasserie Zedel, 20 Sherwood Street London W1
Stunning French Art Deco restaurant offering traditional brasserie food. Bar Americain in the same building also does great cocktails
Set menu– 2 courses £9.75, 3 courses £12.50
Menu on website
(Photo courtesy of brasserie Zedel)
4) Sophie’s Steakhouse, 29-31 Wellington Street, Covent Garden, London WC2E 7DB
Really great pre theatre menu at Sophie’s and always guaranteed good food and drinks with a lively atmosphere.
Theatre menu– 2 courses £15, 3 courses £18
5) Joe Allen, 13 Exeter Street London WC2E 7DT
Cool basement American restaurant – always likely to see a famous face in here. Good burgers and cool theatre postered walls. Joe Allen burger is off menu but is very tasty!
Set menu– 2 courses £14.75, 3 courses £17.50